Monday, August 20, 2007

Goat Cheese Stuffed Sweet Peppers



I couldn't help it... these delicious little sweet peppers were calling my name, and I always feel better after cooking something yummy. I could be vegan if it weren't for my love of cheese, and this luscious herb goat cheese satiates that craving very well. If you can't find these smaller sweet peppers, the regular large ones can be used, just quarter or halve them and fill with the goat cheese. 


Ingredients:
5-6 mini sweet peppers (bell peppers also work)
4 ounces herb goat cheese (in the grocery they've got small and large logs. I used the small.)

Heat the goat cheese for 15-20 seconds, just enough to soften. (It'll make spooning it into the peppers much easier). Cut the tops off the peppers and remove all the seeds. Spoon in the goat cheese. Make a little foil pouch for the little yummies, and in a 400 degree oven, roast for 30-35 minutes. You want the peppers to be soft and the skin on the bottle to start to get black/brown. This is good, and not burnt. (Typically when roasting whole bell peppers, you let the skin get completely black everywhere and peel it off. No peeling needed for this, as it won't get totally black and come off. just little bits.)
As you can see, the goat cheese will melt out during the roasting. No problem. I took a butter knife and just scooped it back into the peppers, and it stayed there nicely.

You could stuff them after roasting, but it's a little more difficult. I'm going to try this method wednesday night. 

I'll update this probably more frequently than once a week, but when school kicks in I make no promises. 

1 comment:

Neilly said...

Goat cheese changed my life.